A placeholder for mischief, rants, and other bits.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This might even be quantifiable


Last night on Hipster Avenue Portland,  a huge hypocrisy occurred to me. That's me and Burks discussing it above. Ever noticed that the Prius drivers, the people who give you scorn when you prefer plastic, the people who stand on street corners wanting you to save trees, they all smoke. I may be over generalizing but I really don't think so. I've lived in 2 green cities, Boulder being the epi-center, so I feel that I proselytize from a pulpit of authority here. The fact of the matter is that the people who want to save the world don't seem to want to save themselves. 

Maybe they do it to be altruistic. "Saving" in itself is hard work. You can't save all day without something falling to the wayside. Like shampooing your hair. Dreads are practical you see.

 Or maybe its my Utah theory at work. On the two occasions I passed through Salt Lake City, I wanted to expose my scarlet letter, running up and down the scary clean streets drunk as an ox and swearing like a disgruntled tween. I wanted to be bad around all the good. 

If Earth people can't take the pressure of all the do-gooding, I just wish they would channel their poisons outside their frail little vegan bodies. Save the people.

2 comments:

  1. They are saving the planet by expediting the onset of own demise. Over population is what's ruining the planet. They're killing you with second-hand smoke for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is 100% spot-on! Thanks Heather. I'm now going to cross the street when I see the clipboards and smell the murder

    ReplyDelete