
I have resigned to the fact that half of any given days emails come from stores wanting me to buy things. I don't unsubscribe to Neimans or Barneys because when has having a peek at luxury brands ever hurt anyone? When is it wrong to look at pretty things? And also its good to hear from them. They are good friends afterall and deserve a place in my gmail.
But this week I have been bombarded by emails encouraging me to buy my mom $1,500 handbags and shoes. In what world does this purchase happen? Forget the economy, forget the now overly analyzed trend of the rich not wanting to appear rich and so therefore buying only expensive items online that come in plain, unmarked paper bags (which really just looks like a lot of snotty people with a porn problem.)
No, moms get flowers and cards. They also get to stand in 2-hour lines for brunch. But they do not get Louboutin. Sorry but is just the way it is.
I know that 'mommyhood' has gotten glamorous due to the abundance of celebrity bellies but Hallmark did too good of a job owning Mothers and Grandmothers back in the day. They made those holidays out of doilies and dime-store glitter.
So Barneys, I say to you, back off. This is not your fight and not your day. Your attempt has left you looking desperate and ridiculous. Let Mother's Day go and take a smarter route instead. Target all the daughters (they all come from mothers) the day after. Now don't they deserve a Louboutin for putting up with mom all these years? Sold.
No comments:
Post a Comment